Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Movie Review - Chloe (2010)



I saw the ads and trailers for the movie Chloe back in 2010 when I would see certain movies back in 2010.  It was marketed as a sleek thriller, with some sex in it.  It left so much to the imagination, but I thought it'd go the route of a racially homogenous version of the Beyonce vehicle Obsessed.  Now that I've seen in, I must say it is one hell of a movie, and is even more so if you've never seen anything about it.  This movie has highs and lows, and all of them are so low-key thanks to the acting abilities of the cast, consisting of two acting icons and one rising star in the shape of actress Amanda Seyfried, she recently of the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale movie adaptation of Red Riding Hood.

In the role of of our titular character, Chloe, Miss Seyfried plays a beautiful call girl who says she can be any man's fantasy: their secretary, their daughter, their seventh-grade teacher, and so on.  She is recruited for her skill set when she finds herself wrapped up in the inferiority complex of Dr. Catherine Stewart, OB/GYN (Julianne Moore).  Chloe is hired to tempt the doctor's husband, Mr. Stewart (Liam Neeson), a music professor.  The doctor is suspicious that her husband is cheating on her, and chooses to spy on him with a very talented liar.  The two develop a "business" relationship which is, to say the least, not the sole focus of the watching audience.  It builds to a climax and leaves quite a lingering that really makes you wonder about the nature of love and attraction.
My initial focus on the movie was to just see it and stop thinking I should see it.  As the movie went on, it afforded me several reasons why I need to see more movies with the actors involved.  I have all the reasons I need to see Mr. Neeson, so that's a given; Julianne Moore has made more movies that are so interesting, yet I have not seen due to budget constraints, like Blindness.  More to the point, I would like to see more of the otherworldly beauty of Miss Seyfried.  If you've ever looked at her, you know that Miss Seyfried does not look like an average person.  Something about her is very different.  Is it her operatic training, or her teen modeling experience? Probably not, but I can's imagine what else it could be that's gonna make me want to watch more of her movies.

Oh, I know why. She's hot.

CHOICE CUTS:
  • Amanda Seyfried, the part where you can see the crazy, and Amanda Seyfried.  That is all.
The ups and downs, twists and turns of this film completely had me on the edge of my seat.  It made me want to know exactly how far the story would go.  With two actresses so easy on the eyes, it was a pleasure.

RATING: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment