Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gedren's Peak--Rebuilt from the ground up

Hello, Interwebs!

It's been over 3 years since I last posted on my OWN webpage, and now I think I should get back into it.  For those who don't know (read: most of y'all), I used to have a webpage called "Gedren's Peak" on Geocities.com in the Tokyo section in Ginza at address 2152.  Geocities was picked up by Yahoo, and things got hairy after that.  I eventually had to forfeit my website, with all of 10 years of work down the drain.

Yes. I said GEOCITIES.

With that out of the way, and tons of free time incoming, I have decided to restart my website--this time in web log format. For those who just read that last sentence and said "this isn't a web log, it's a blog", you should try watching television instead of TV.
I have been advised to do so by a viewer of my old site, but I could not have guessed how popular posting your personal business could have become (MySpace, Friendster, Facebook, Twitter, et. al.), nor could I have guessed how much an employer would use this new media format to judge you before hiring you.  So I will have to give credit where credit's due:
  • My family--especially my sister, who always has her hand in support of me,
  • The viewer of the old Gedren's Peak, who suggested this idea in the first place,
  • Friends in Tallahassee and all over who support me now
I look forward to posting as much of the old site, as well as more new stuff.  Watch me now!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be the first to congratulate you! Looking forward to your work.

    ReplyDelete